One of my favourite summer desserts, here is my recipe for Lush Lemon Meringue Pies
Mini muffin pan
85g cream cheese
120g soft butter
140g plain flour
Lemon curd – shop bought
Mini meringues – shop bought
Recipe instructions: (makes 24)
- Heat the oven to 180°C
- Mix the cream cheese and butter together and combine well.
- Add the flour to the cream cheese and butter and mix to form a dough like mixture.
- Now take a scope of the dough mixture about the size of a ten pence piece and place into each mini muffin.
- Take a ‘dobber’ as shown in the picture (or use fingers) dip in flour and then press down each dough ball so it forms a cup shape.
- Using your fork, prick the base of each dough cup several times. This will stop the centre of the dough cup puffing up during cooking.
- Cook the pastry for 12 – 15 minutes, in the centre of the oven. This is called blind baking.
- Now add ½ teaspoon of lemon curd to each pastry case.
- Place back in the oven for another 5 – 7 minutes, keeping a close watch on them so the lemon curd doesn’t bubble over.
- When they have cooled you can crumble over your meringue.