The school holidays have started, so I thought I would share my Super Duper Sausage Roll Recipe.
1 packet of pre-rolled puff pastry
4 sausages (get an adult to make a cut length ways along each sausage to make it easy for you to remove the skin)
1 free range egg (whisked) or 2 tablespoons of whole milk
- Heat the oven to 220°C
- Cut the pastry into 4 equal sections, using your plastic knife.
- Take one of the sausages and peel off the skin (you won’t need it!!) and take one of the pastry sections. Squish the meat in your hand to make a flattish rectangular shape and place towards the edge of the pastry (so there is enough pastry left uncovered to fold over and enclose the sausage).
- If you want you can use the pastry cutter to cut a pretty shape out of the pastry which will be folded over (this will be the top of your sausage roll).
- Fold the pastry over and using your fingers press the edges to seal the sausage meat in.
- Using your pastry brush, brush the egg (or milk) over the top of the sausage roll. This will give is a lovely golden brown colour as it cooks.
- Place the sausage roll on your lined baking tray.
- Repeat all of steps 3 – 7 again to make 3 more sausage rolls.
- Now ask an adult to put the baking tray into the middle of the oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until the sausage rolls are a lovely golden brown colour.
- Let them cool slightly.
- Now it’s time to………..enjoy!